Your Neighborhood School in South Philadelphia
Thomas Elementary is a neighborhood elementary school serving over 650 students and their families in Kindergarten through 6th grade. Thomas Elementary is a special place where your child will experience the joy of learning in a safe, positive environment. We focus on 5 core values: respect, responsibility, hard work, teamwork and kindness. Students who attend Thomas Elementary have the opportunity to automatically attend our Thomas Campus for 7th – 12th grade, thus giving them a full K-12 Mastery experience. From music to art to field trips-Thomas Elementary students take part in a well-rounded education. We work closely with our families to ensure Thomas is a place where every child loves to learn.
- Students come to school dressed in full uniform excited to start their day.
- The day starts with free breakfast.
- Students are greeted by their teacher and head to their classroom for morning meeting.
- We value reading. Students have at least 2-3 hours of reading where they work in small groups with the teacher.
- Students have classes in math, social studies, and science.
- Students head back to the cafeteria to enjoy free lunch.
- Afterwards, students enjoy free play or structured recess.
- Students engage in art, physical education, music or foreign language. We are proud to educate the whole child at Mastery.
- Once the school day is over, students may stay to participate in clubs or the aftercare program.
Thomas Elementary offers a variety of after school activities and clubs. Aftercare is available at the school.
Some examples include:
- Academic Enrichment
- Art Club
- Board Game Club
- Book Club
- Chess Club
- Thomas Tones Choir
- Computer Club
- Creative Writing Club
- Field Hockey
- Flag Football
- Games Club
- Homework Support
- Literature Club
- Running Club
- Snider Youth Hockey
- Student Council
- Yearbook Club
Any student living in Philadelphia is eligible to apply for the lottery at Thomas Elementary. First preference, however, is given to students living within the 19148 zip code, followed by students living within zip codes 19145, 19146, and 19147, followed by all other applicants. This is so we can serve as a neighborhood school, per our charter. The deadline to apply to be included in the lottery is January 27, 2020. If you apply after the deadline, you will be added to our waitlist. The lottery will be held on February 12, 2020.
Life at Thomas ElementaryView Gallery
Bob Victor, Ex-Officio Chair
Don Kimelman, Treasurer
Sulaiman Rahman, Secretary
Support Thomas Elementary