Attend an Open House
Your Neighborhood School in Frankford
Smedley is a neighborhood elementary school serving over 800 students and their families in Kindergarten through 6th grade. Smedley is a special place where your child will experience the joy of learning in a safe, positive environment. We focus on 5 core values: respect, responsibility, hard work, teamwork and kindness. Students who attend Smedley Elementary have the opportunity to automatically attend our Lenfest Campus for 7th – 12th grade, thus giving them a full K-12 Mastery experience. From music to art to field trips-Smedley students take part in a well-rounded education. We work closely with our families to ensure Smedley is a place where every child loves to learn.
- Students come to school dressed in full uniform excited to start their day.
- The day starts with free breakfast.
- Students are greeted by their teacher and head to their classroom for morning meeting.
- We value reading. Students have at least 2-3 hours of reading where they work in small groups with the teacher.
- Students have classes in math, social studies, and science.
- Students head back to the cafeteria to enjoy free lunch.
- Afterwards, students enjoy free play or structured recess.
- Students engage in art, physical education, music or foreign language. We are proud to educate the whole child at Mastery.
- Once the school day is over, students may stay to participate in clubs or the aftercare program.
Smedley offers a variety of after school activities and clubs.
Some examples include:
- Academic Enrichment
- Art Club
- Boy Scouts
- Chess Club
- Creative Writing Club
- Drum Line
- Fit Club
- Girl Scouts
- Hip Hop Dance
- History Club
- Snider Youth Hockey
- Student Council
- Theater Club
- Young Ladies of Mastery
- Young Men of Mastery
Smedley Elementary serves students in the Frankford area who live in the school’s attendance zone within the 19124 zip code.
The school cannot enroll students living outside of its attendance zone, even if they reside within the listed 19124 zip code. Click here to see the Smedley attendance zone map.
Life at SmedleyView Gallery
Caitlin Murphy, Principal
Cait Murphy has served the principal of Smedley Elementary since 2015. She strives to ensure Smedley students receive a world-class education in a joyful and loving environment. Before taking on the role of principal, she served as an assistant principal at Smedley for five years and was a part of Smedley’s founding leadership team in 2010.
Prior to joining Mastery, Ms. Murphy worked for Teach for America supporting new teachers. She also taught special education and 1st grade in Houston, Texas. She earned a Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology from Johns Hopkins University and later earned a Master’s Degree in Educational Leadership from The University of Pennsylvania.
Ms. Murphy is grateful to partner with such an incredible community of families, students, and staff to ensure Smedley is a joyful, structured community where everyone loves to grow and learn!
Danielle Nicoletti, Assistant Principal of Operations
Bob Victor, Ex-Officio Chair
Don Kimelman, Treasurer
Sulaiman Rahman, Secretary