Did you know that long-term studies have shown access to early play experiences boosts life outcomes substantially: 42% raise in yearly earnings, 44% increase in high school graduations, and 17% increase in bachelor degrees. Perhaps most importantly, play builds the critical skill of self-regulation, which underpins success for a lifetime.
Over 600 students in grades K-8 at Pastorius-Richardson Elementary need your help to install a playground for the start of the 2019-20 school year. With a goal to raise, $75,000, this initiative will provide students with an outlet to engage in creative, physical play in a space that is also more conducive to increased supervision by staff.
If you wish to make a gift in excess of $10,000, please contact Natalie Busillo at 215-866-9000 x1055.
Your Neighborhood School in Germantown
Pastorius-Richardson is a neighborhood elementary school serving over 600 students and their families in Kindergarten through 8th grade. Pastorius-Richardson is a special place where your child will experience the joy of learning in a safe, positive environment. We focus on 5 core values: respect, responsibility, hard work, teamwork and kindness. Students who attend Pastorius-Richardson Elementary have the opportunity to automatically attend our Simon Gratz Campus for 9th – 12th grade, thus giving them a full K-12 Mastery experience. From music to art to field trips – Pastorius-Richardson students take part in a well-rounded education. We work closely with our families to ensure Pastorius-Richardson is a place where every child loves to learn.
- Students come to school dressed in full uniform excited to start their day.
- The day starts with free breakfast.
- Students are greeted by their teacher and head to their classroom for morning meeting.
- We value reading. Students have at least 2-3 hours of reading where they work in small groups with the teacher.
- Students have classes in math, social studies, and science.
- Students head back to the cafeteria to enjoy free lunch.
- Afterwards, students enjoy free play or structured recess.
- Students engage in art, physical education, music or foreign language. We are proud to educate the whole child at Mastery.
- Once the school day is over, students may stay to participate in clubs or the aftercare program.
Pastorius offers a variety of after school activities and clubs. Aftercare is available at the school.
Some examples include:
- Book Club
- Boys Club
- Girls Club
- Homework Support
- Science Club
Pastorius-Richardson Elementary serves students in the Germantown community who live in the school’s attendance zones within the zip codes of 19144 and 19138.
The school cannot enroll students living outside of its attendance zone, even if they reside within the listed 19144 and 19138 zip codes. Click here to see the Pastorius-Richardson attendance zone map.
Life at PastoriusView Gallery
In the News
100 Black Men ReadRead Article
Bob Victor, Ex-Officio Chair
Don Kimelman, Treasurer
Graham Finney, Secretary