Navigating Philadelphia & Camden during COVID-19
- Mastery’s Food Distribution information and COVID-19 updates
- Mastery’s Home Academic Practice
- Guidance for Helping Families Cope with COVID-Stress and Anxiety
- Guidance for Helping Families Cope with COVID-Stress and Anxiety – Spanish
- Free Collection of Online Learning Experiences
- Calming Strategies
- Coping tips for parents
- Small Business Guidance & Loan Resources
- Apply for WIC: Call 1-800-942-9467
- Report price gouging
- File for unemployment
- City of Philadelphia COVID-19 updates
- A resource for Philadelphians who may qualify for income-based benefits
- PA Voter Registration
- Vote by mail ballot
- Free Library
- Get tax answers
- Talk mental health: Text PA to 741-741
- Apply for Medicaid
- Apply for SNAP
- Credit/mortgage/rent advice
- Learn about school closures
- Access driver services
- Find professional license services
- Receive text alerts in PA
- Home heating help
HUD Cert. Training & personalized credit repair with housing counseling
(609) 200-6608 (Shirley Abreu)
Home Maintenance training w/ loan application
Habitat for Humanity
(856) 963-8018 (Amy)
Rent payment aid
Hispanic Family Center
All these organizations give food on a fixed day of the week to the Camden Residents
Mastery Molina Food Bank
Mastery High School Food Bank
Kroc Center Food Bank
Miguel Pharmacy Food Bank
Hispanic Family Center – · (856) 365-7393
All Careers One Stop Center: https://careerconnections.nj.gov/plan/support/njccsites/camden_oscc.shtml
FCE’s Network – City Hall, Other Parents, Word of Mouth
Frances Gonzalez, Mastery Social Worker
New Jersey Hopeline: 1-855-654-6735
American Water is suspending service shut-offs at this time and will restore services
for anyone whose water was shut off prior to March 12, 2020. More information can
be found here.
Public Service Gas and Electric (PSEG):
NJ Public Utilities (Gas and Electricity) are suspending service shut-offs for all public
gas and electricity companies. If you have an issue with your utility company call
Camden County Perform Care Family Hub:
Lots of great resources for families whose child may be struggling with mental or behavioral health while home from school can be found here.
Code of Conduct
The U.S. Department of Homeland Security has announced that the agency is accepting DACA renewal applications from certain individuals at this time.
It is extremely important that any individual who needs to file a DACA renewal application and did not do so prior to October 5,2017 do so IMMEDIATELY, without any delay. The reason for this is that the Government is seeking a reversal of the recent federal court order that the Government must continue to accept DACA renewal applications. Should that order be reversed, the renewal process will be closed immediately. That could happen in a matter of days. (Presumably, if the process is closed by court order, all renewal applications in the pipeline will be dealt with according to the procedures in place at this time.)
Here are the current rules and explanations for who may renew at this time. (The reference to USCIS is the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services bureau of the Department of Homeland Security):
1. 1. If your DACA expired on or after September 5, 2017, you may send USCIS DACA renewal applications. This means you must fill out the latest versions of Form I-821D, Form I-765 Application for Employment Authorization, and Form I-765WS Worksheet.
2. 2. If your DACA expired before September 5, 2016, you must reapply through an initial application, not renew. Everyone must include the date your DACA expired or will expire on Part 1 of the Form I-821D.
3. 3. USCIS will not accept any first-time DACA applications. No new or first-time DACA applications will be accepted by USCIS.
4. 4. Requests for advance parole from DACA recipients will not be accepted.
The official page on the USCIS website with links to the relevant forms for each category of renewal applicant is found below. Please note that the 2016 dates found in the announcement would appear to be a typo.
September 29, 2017
Dear Mastery Community,
The deadline to apply for a 2-year renewal for the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program is October 5th. Thanks to a generous donation from a Mastery partner, any students, alumni, parents of Mastery students, teachers, or staff that are eligible for DACA and financially constrained by the $500 filing fee can receive financial assistance.
If you need financial assistance in order to re-apply for DACA, please reach out to your school’s Family and Community Engagement Manager or Ceci Schickel directly at email@example.com so we can quickly process your filing fees before the October 5th deadline.
Ceci Schickel, Senior Director of Organizing and Advocacy
Dr. William Hayes, Principal, Mastery East Campus & Mastery High School of Camden
Rickia Reid, Principal, Mastery Molina Upper Elementary
Robyne McLeod, Principal, Mastery Molina Lower Elementary
Meredith Howell-Turner, Principal, Mastery Cramer Hill Lower Elementary
Jessie Gismondi, Principal, Mastery Cramer Hill Upper Elementary
LaQuanda Jackson, Principal, Mastery McGraw Elementary
School Contacts & Phone Numbers
Mastery East Campus (East Camden Middle): (856) 966-5111
Mastery High School of Camden: (856) 966-5111
Mastery Cramer Hill Elementary: (856) 338-0463
Mastery Molina Upper Elementary: (856) 966-8970
Mastery Molina Lower Elementary: (856) 966-8970
In light of the president’s decision to end the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program, I want to state emphatically Mastery’s enduring and unwavering commitment to support ALL of our students. Children need to know that they are valued and loved. No matter who they are or where they live, children should not live in fear about being uprooted from the community they call home. Holding children accountable for immigration violations they had no control over is not keeping with the values of our country and contradicts the values we teach in our classrooms.
To our DREAMers – students, alumni, staff and families – and our immigrant communities at large, know that we stand with you and we support you.
Mastery Charter Schools