Today's Interns. Tomorrow's Leaders.
Mastery’s Internship Program gives high school sophomores an opportunity many of their peers don’t get until college: A chance to gain real-world work experience and discover what could be the career of their dreams.
Students prepare for their internships in the fall semester of their sophomore year. They take a seminar that teaches them workplace communication skills, time management, resume development, interview techniques
and workplace etiquette.
In the spring semester, students begin their internship, working from 2:00 – 5:00 p.m. every Wednesday from January through June.
You Mentor. They Grow.
The Internship Program isn’t possible without dedicated host organizations and mentors.
Host organizations are businesses that provide internships to our students. Mentors are people within the host organization who supervise and coach the interns.
Host organization & mentor benefits
- Assistance with administrative tasks and support with larger projects
- The opportunity to network with professionals in Philadelphia and Camden at Mastery-sponsored events
- The joy of helping a teenager learn lifelong career skills
There is no cost to the host organization. Mastery covers liability and transportation costs.
Who can host an intern?
- Family-owned businesses
- Government agencies
- Theater & performance companies
- Higher education institutions
- Large corporations
- Hospitals and medical practices
- Any employer!
Host a Mastery Intern