Your Neighborhood School in Southwest Philadelphia
Harrity is a neighborhood elementary school serving over 850 students and their families in Kindergarten through 8th grade. Harrity is a special place where your child will experience the joy of learning in a safe, positive environment. We focus on 5 core values: respect, responsibility, hard work, teamwork and kindness. From music to art to field trips-Harrity students take part in a well-rounded education. We work closely with our families to ensure Harrity is a place where every child loves to learn.
- Students come to school dressed in full uniform excited to start their day.
- The day starts with free breakfast.
- Students are greeted by their teacher and head to their classroom for morning meeting.
- We value reading. Students have at least 2-3 hours of reading where they work in small groups with the teacher.
- Students have classes in math, social studies, and science.
- Students head back to the cafeteria to enjoy free lunch.
- Afterwards, students enjoy free play or structured recess.
- Students engage in art, physical education, music or foreign language. We are proud to educate the whole child at Mastery.
- Once the school day is over, students may stay to participate in clubs or the aftercare program.
Harrity offers a variety of after school activities and clubs. Aftercare is available at the school.
Some examples include:
- Art Club
- Drill Team
- Drum Line
- Flag Football
- Girl Scouts
- Piano Club
- PSSA Prep
- Reading Enrichment
- Snider Youth Hockey
- Violin Club
Harrity Elementary serves students in Southwest Philadelphia who live in the school’s attendance zone within the 19143 zip code.
The school cannot enroll students living outside of its attendance zone, even if they reside within the listed 19143 zip code. Click here to see the Harrity attendance zone map.
Life at HarrityView Gallery
Bob Victor, Ex-Officio Chair
Don Kimelman, Treasurer
Graham Finney, Secretary