Your Community School in Southwest Philadelphia
Hardy Williams High is a citywide charter school serving over 630 students and their families in 7th through 12th grade. Students enjoy a strong sense of community and belonging in a safe environment, supported by caring and committed teachers and staff who return year after year. Along with a rigorous academic program, Hardy Williams High students have opportunities for internships, athletics and a variety of after school programs in preparation for high school and postsecondary success. Every student has a clear path after graduation-whether enrolling in a 4-year university or entering the workforce.
Hardy Williams offers offers an academically rigorous program designed to prepare all students for postsecondary success.
- Critical thinking skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Content Knowledge
- Leadership skills
- Several Electives and Varied Courses
- From introductory to college level
- AP courses and additional options available for highly motivated students
- STEM Honors program in 7th through 10th grade
- Special Education Programming
- We serve all students
- Each student’s strengths and needs are considered
- Partner with families each step of the way
- College and Career Prep
- Sophomores complete an 18-week internship
- Seniors participate in college trips, a senior seminar course, get assistance with FAFSA form completion and receive support with the college application process
- Students graduate prepared with a plan to enter college, the workforce or a pathway of their choice
Hardy Williams offers a variety of athletic activities and clubs. Hardy Williams High participates as members of the PIAA (Pennsylvania Interscholastic Athletic Association) within the District XII Public League. Middle school teams play in a variety of leagues across the city.
Some examples include:
- Cross Country
- Field Hockey,
- Film Club
- Glee Club
- National Honor Society
- Poetry Slam
- Step Team
- Student Council
- Track and Field
- The STEM Honors program offered at Hardy Williams High prepares students for college and the workforce through a rigorous program rooted in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) skills and concepts.
- Students learn critical and creative thinking skills, communication and collaboration, and real-world problem solving.
- The program uses Project Lead the Way, a hands-on design curriculum, and is aligned to Common Core and Next Generation Science Standards.
- In the 2017-2018 school year, the program at Hardy will be offered for grades 7-10, with the program expanding to serve grades 7-12 in the future.
- Students who are accepted to the program participate in various opportunities that accelerate their learning, such as engaging summer programs, dual enrollment, and STEM enrichment activities.
Any student living in Philadelphia is eligible to apply for the lottery at Hardy Williams Academy, however preference is given to current students at Harrity Elementary. The deadline to apply to be included in the lottery is January 28, 2019. If you apply after the deadline, you will be added to our waitlist. The lottery will be held on February 14, 2019.
Bob Victor, Ex-Officio Chair
Don Kimelman, Treasurer
Graham Finney, Secretary
Support Hardy Williams High