Your Neighborhood School in North Philadelphia
Gratz Prep Middle is a neighborhood school serving 260 students and their families in 7th through 8th grade. Students enjoy a strong sense of community and belonging in a safe environment, supported by caring and committed teachers and staff who return year after year. Along with a rigorous academic program, Gratz Prep students have opportunities in athletics and a variety of after school programs in preparation for high school and postsecondary success.
Gratz Prep offers an academically rigorous program designed to prepare all students for postsecondary success.
- Critical thinking skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Content Knowledge
- Leadership skills
- Several Electives and Varied Courses
- From introductory to college level
- Additional options available for highly motivated students
- STEM Honors Program offered in 7th grade
- Special Education Programming
- We serve all students
- Each students strengths and needs are considered
- Partner with families each step of the way
Gratz Prep Middle offers a variety of athletic activities and clubs. Middle school teams play in a variety of leagues across the city.
Some examples are:
- Drum Line
- Livewire Dance Crew
- Photography and Film Club
- Poetry Slam Team
- Robotics Club
- Yoga Club
- The STEM Honors program offered at Gratz prepares students for college and the workforce through a rigorous program rooted in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) skills and concepts.
- Students learn critical and creative thinking skills, communication and collaboration, and real-world problem solving.
- The program uses Project Lead the Way, a hands-on design curriculum, and is aligned to Common Core and Next Generation Science Standards.
- In the 2017-2018 school year, the program at Gratz will be offered for grades 7-11 with the program expanding to serve grades 7-12 in the future.
- Students who are accepted to the program participate in various opportunities that accelerate their learning, such as engaging summer programs, dual enrollment, and STEM enrichment activities.
Admission to Gratz Prep Middle School is first come, first served to students living in the Gratz High School attendance zone (click here to see the attendance zone map) and students currently attending:
Students from schools not listed above and outside the Gratz attendance zone may also apply for the lottery, however they can only enroll if seats are available.
Life at Gratz PrepView Gallery
Bob Victor, Ex-Officio Chair
Don Kimelman, Treasurer
Support Gratz Prep Middle