Your Neighborhood School in Tioga
Welcome to Mastery Charter School Grover Cleveland Elementary, recognized by the School District of Philadelphia for 4 consecutive years of academic growth! (SPR 2018-19)
We’re a K-8 school in the Tioga community of North Philadelphia, offering academic excellence in a fun, joyful environment. From math to music, and reading to field trips, our students receive a well-rounded education from loving teachers and leaders.
Our five core values are respect, responsibility, hard work, teamwork and kindness.
Students have the opportunity to automatically attend our Simon Gratz High, giving them the full K-12 Mastery experience.
At Cleveland, we believe in the greatness within each of our students. With love and high expectations, we support them in finding their own paths to success.
Stop by and visit us any time!
- Students come to school dressed in full uniform excited to start their day.
- The day starts with free breakfast.
- Students are greeted by their teacher and head to their classroom for morning meeting.
- We value reading. Students have at least 2-3 hours of reading where they work in small groups with the teacher.
- Students have classes in math, social studies, and science.
- Students head back to the cafeteria to enjoy free lunch.
- Afterwards, students enjoy free play or structured recess.
- Students engage in art, physical education, music or foreign language. We are proud to educate the whole child at Mastery.
- Once the school day is over, students may stay to participate in clubs or the aftercare program.
We offer aftercare and a variety of after-school activities and clubs, including:
- Arts and Crafts
- Book Club
- Cake Decorating Club
- Fitness Training
- Girls Club
- Lego Club
- Math Club
- Mural Arts
- Running Club
- STEM Enrichment
- Video Gaming
- Double Dutch Club
Grover Cleveland Elementary serves students in the Nicetown/Tioga area who live in the school’s attendance zone within the 19140 zip code.
The school cannot enroll students living outside of its attendance zone, even if they reside within the listed 19140 zip code. Click here to see the Cleveland attendance zone map.
Life at ClevelandView Gallery
Letisha Laws, Principal
Letisha Laws has served as a principal at Grover Cleveland Mastery Charter for the last five years and is committed to providing a joyful place of learning for the students that she serves. Cleveland is located in the Tioga neighborhood and serves over 700 students. The school has seen three straight years of improvement in the school district’s School Progress Report and focuses on providing a world-class experience to the students and families in their community.
Ms. Laws, a Neubauer Fellow, has been an educator for over 15 years, serving as an elementary, middle school, high school, and special education teacher, teacher coach, testing coordinator, and assistant principal before her work as principal. Letisha grew up in Philadelphia and attended Philadelphia High School for Girls. She is a graduate of Temple University and earned her master’s degree in Education from Eastern University.
Michele Haughey, Assistant Principal of Operations
Scott Weischedel, Assistant Principal of Specialized Services
Brynn Dixon, Lead Case Manager
Bob Victor, Ex-Officio Chair
Don Kimelman, Treasurer
Sulaiman Rahman, Secretary
In the News
Read ArticleLearn More