Families are our partners
Families are a child’s first and most important teachers. Together, we are partners in education.
Our doors are always open and we encourage families to stop by any time to see what’s happening in the classroom or to talk to school leaders and teachers.
School Based Groups
- School-based parent leadership groups
- Supports each school through volunteering on campus and at events, fundraising to support school initiatives and promoting activities
- Parent-led council organized and maintained by the School District of Philadelphia
- Oversight role is to monitor the school-based charter agreements between the School District of Philadelphia and each Mastery Renaissance school
- Monitor the academic progress of each Mastery Renaissance school and report Mastery’s progress annually to the District
Network Wide Groups
- Comprised of parent leaders representing each Mastery school
- Provide input and guidance to Mastery leadership and ensure two-way communication between schools and the Mastery Board
- Responsible for nominating parent representatives to the Mastery Board
- Meets with Mastery’s CEO and other leaders to discuss Mastery finances, growth plan, academic performance, safety and other network-wide issues
- Network-wide parent leadership group
- Uses the organizing strategies of relationship building, research and public action to address internal (school) and external (community) parent concerns at each Mastery school
- Speaks out and advocates around city and statewide education policy issues
For more information on the Parent Action Team or Mastery parent organizing campaigns, please contact Winslow Mason, Community Organizing Manager at [email protected] or 267-908-1673.
Parents in ActionView Gallery
Mastery Parents Make a Difference
Be a part of a powerful group of parents who create positive change for our children and communities!
Parent Action Team
Who is the Parent Action Team?
You…and other parents like you who want safe, vibrant communities and high-quality schools for all children.
What do Parent Action Team leaders do?
Build relationships with other parents and neighbors to work together on issues that matter
How do we do that?
Parent, school and community leaders identify issues, plan strategy and take action.
How do I benefit?
You’ll learn organizing skills, grow as a leader and engage in the public arena.
How do I join?
Just click the “contact us” link below!