Your Neighborhood School in Germantown
Wister is a neighborhood elementary school serving over 500 students and their families in Kindergarten through 5th grade. Wister is a special place where your child will experience the joy of learning in a safe, positive environment. We focus on 5 core values: respect, responsibility, hard work, teamwork and kindness. Students who attend Wister Elementary have the opportunity to automatically attend our Pickett Campus for 6th – 12th grade, thus giving them a full K-12 Mastery experience. From music to art to field trips-Wister students take part in a well-rounded education. We work closely with our families to ensure Wister is a place where every child loves to learn.
- Students come to school dressed in full uniform excited to start their day.
- The day starts with free breakfast.
- Students are greeted by their teacher and head to their classroom for morning meeting.
- We value reading. Students have at least 2-3 hours of reading where they work in small groups with the teacher.
- Students have classes in math, social studies, and science.
- Students head back to the cafeteria to enjoy free lunch.
- Afterwards, students enjoy free play or structured recess.
- Students engage in art, physical education, music or foreign language. We are proud to educate the whole child at Mastery.
- Once the school day is over, students may stay to participate in clubs or the aftercare program.
Wister offers a variety of after school activities and clubs. Aftercare is available at the school.
Some examples include:
- Academic Enrichment
- Art Club
- Book Club
- Change 4 A Dollar
- Games Club
- Healthy Eating Club
- Lego Club
- Performing Arts
- Reading Enrichment
- Step Team
- Track and Field
John Wister Elementary serves students in the Germantown community who live in the school’s attendance zone within the 19144 zip code.
The school cannot enroll students living outside of its attendance zone, even if they reside within the listed 19144 zip code. Click here to see the Wister attendance zone map.
Life at WisterView Gallery
Bob Victor, Ex-Officio Chair
Don Kimelman, Treasurer
Graham Finney, Secretary