Meet the Team:
Kerry Sorensen, Internship Coordinator: Kerry.Sorensen@masterycharter.org
All of our students complete a mentorship during their sophomore year. To learn more, check out the Internship Program Brochure!
A Snapshot of our current mentors:
Saint Joseph’s University, UPENN African American Recourse Center, Bryn Mawr Hospital, Philadelphia District Attorney’s Office , Drexel University School of Education & Goodwin College, Drexel University College of Medicine, Franklin Institute, The Westin Hotel, Le Meridien Hotel, Jewish Family & Children’s Services, JKR Partners, Replica Creative, Lankenau Hospital, Philadelphia Insurance Companies, Parent Infant Center, Myers Design, Sbraga Restaurant, Swartz Campbell, Swartz Campbell, Office of Congressman Chaka Fattah.
Top 5 Reasons to be excited about the Shoemaker internship program:
- “It's a great opportunity to share your profession, get a little bit of help in the office, help educate young people and see your workplace from a different perspective” – Mentor, 2013 end of year survey
- “The mentoring program is reciprocal.....the student provides service to our organization and we in return deposit knowledge, experience, skill, and support to and for the student” – Mentor, 2013 end of year survey
- “It is an incredible way to give practical hands-on work experience to high school students who are just beginning to think of themselves in that type of setting. It is also incredibly refreshing to have a new perspective in your organization! “ – Mentor, 2013 end of year survey
- 100% of 2013 Mentors surveyed answered “YES” they would recommend the Internship Program to others.
- 99% of mentors felt fully supported by their internship coordinator throughout the internship experience.