Your Neighborhood School in Camden
Molina Lower is a neighborhood elementary school serving more than 235 students and their families in Kindergarten through 2nd grade. From music to art to field trips, Molina students enjoy a well-rounded education in a joyful, safe environment. We work closely with our families to ensure Molina is a place where every child loves to learn.
Our 5 core values are respect, responsibility, hard work, teamwork and kindness.
We are proud to prioritize and preserve students’ home language and offer a Spanish classroom where students learn to read, write and speak in Spanish! See the qualifications for the bilingual program in the “Our School” section below.
Students who attend Molina Lower Elementary have the opportunity to automatically attend Molina Upper Elementary and then Mastery High School of Camden, giving them a full K-12 Mastery experience.
Want to learn more? Stop by to visit! We host Open Houses the first and third Wednesday of every month from 3 p.m. – 5 p.m.
- Students come to school dressed in full uniform excited to start their day.
- The day starts with free breakfast.
- Students are greeted by their teacher and head to their classroom for morning meeting.
- We value reading. Students have at least 2-3 hours of reading where they work in small groups with the teacher.
- Students have classes in math, social studies, and science.
- Students head back to the cafeteria to enjoy free lunch.
- Afterwards, students enjoy free play or structured recess.
- Students engage in art, physical education, music or foreign language. We are proud to educate the whole child at Mastery.
- Once the school day is over, students may stay to participate in clubs or the aftercare program.
Molina offers a variety of after school activities and clubs. Aftercare is available at the school.
Are you interested in raising your child bilingual? Do you want him or her to learn to read, write and speak in BOTH English and Spanish?
Data shows that students who learn two languages simultaneously perform better in school, on standardized tests and earn higher paying jobs as adults!
Molina Lower School prioritizes and preserves students’ home language and culture! We offer a Spanish classroom where students learn to read, write and speak in Spanish! We call this course, Spanish Language Arts and it is available at each grade level for students who meet the qualifications!
Qualifications for Enrollment: (must answer yes to 2 or more questions)
- Do you speak Spanish at home?
- Was your child previously enrolled in a bilingual program at a school?
- Are you committed to helping your child learn in BOTH languages?
Students in the bilingual program receive Spanish Language Arts and learn to read in Spanish throughout Kindergarten, first and second grade. They have all other subjects in English and transition into Language Arts in English as they move to Molina Upper School in Third Grade. Students also receive specific instruction in English from a certified ESL teacher who assists them in other content areas.
Life at MolinaView Gallery
Jim Sheward, Chair
Support Molina Lower