Academic excellence. Joyful classrooms.
Mastery Prep Elementary opens in Fall 2018 in North Philadelphia. It will serve 170 students in grades K-2 and grow each year to grade 6. Prep Elementary offers children academic excellence in a fun, joyful environment. From math to music and reading to field trips, our students receive a well-rounded education from loving teachers and leaders.
We focus on 5 core values: respect, responsibility, hard work, teamwork and kindness.
$10 million renovation
Bright, spacious, beautiful classrooms with cozy learning spaces throughout the building
Updated gym and recreational spaces
Students learn and achieve at high levels
Challenging, engaging, culturally diverse reading and writing curriculum
Hands-on math focused on problem-solving and critical thinking
Interactive science encourages investigation through hands-on experiences
Learning is fun!
Enrichment block with karate, art, dance or similar activities taught by experts
Fun morning meetings get students excited and ready to learn
Field trips, community meetings and much more!
We support the whole child
Core values are respect, responsibility, hard work, teamwork and kindness
Play in K and first grade uses pretend play to teach social and emotional skills
Raymond Fields, Jr., Principal
Raymond Fields, Jr. is the founding principal of Mastery Prep Elementary Charter School. He’s looking forward to partnering with parents and finding unique opportunities to spark the creativity and imagination of students through enrichment activities like the arts and karate.
An accomplished school leader, Raymond is a 2018 Neubauer Fellow in Educational Leadership and was part of the 2011 New Leaders for New Schools Leadership Program.
Raymond started his education career in 2005 through Teach for America, teaching in Atlanta for five years. He joined Mastery five years ago as the founding principal of Gratz Prep Middle School
He holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in African American Studies & Criminal Justice from the University of Maryland, College Park and Master of Arts in Teaching from Mercer University.
Feel free to email him any time! Raymond.Fields@masterycharter.org
Frequently Asked Questions
- Families can begin purchasing uniforms from the Prep Elementary front desk beginning June 18.
How do I register for orientation/testing?
- You can return your enrollment packet to: Mastery Gratz Prep Middle, 1798 W Hunting Park Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19140. Enter at the entrance on 17th and Luzerne.
Will there be before care?
- We will not have before cars?
Will there be after care?
- Yes. There will be after care. Families will receive details this summer.
Is transportation provided?
- As aligned to the school district, we provide transportation to first and second grade students who live as least 1.5 miles away from school.
What are the start and dismissal times?
- Arrival: 7:55 a.m. Monday – Friday
- Dismissal: 3:05 p.m. on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. There is an early 1:05 p.m. dismissal on Wednesday.
Have more questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.