Your Community School in Southwest Philadelphia
Hardy Williams High is a city-wide charter school serving over 630 students and their families in 7th through 12th grade. Students enjoy a strong sense of community and belonging in a safe environment, supported by caring and committed teachers and staff who return year after year. Along with a rigorous academic program, Hardy Williams High students have opportunities for internships, athletics and a variety of after school programs in preparation for high school and postsecondary success. Every student has a clear path after graduation-whether enrolling in a 4-year university or entering the workforce.
Hardy Williams offers offers an academically rigorous program designed to prepare all students for postsecondary success.
- Critical thinking skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Content Knowledge
- Leadership skills
- Several Electives and Varied Courses
- From introductory to college level
- AP courses and additional options available for highly motivated students
- STEM Honors program in 7th through 10th grade
- Special Education Programming
- We serve all students
- Each student’s strengths and needs are considered
- Partner with families each step of the way
- College and Career Prep
- Sophomores complete an 18-week internship
- Seniors participate in college trips, a senior seminar course, get assistance with FAFSA form completion and receive support with the college application process
- Students graduate prepared with a plan to enter college, the workforce or a pathway of their choice
Hardy Williams offers a variety of athletic activities and clubs. Hardy Williams High participates as members of the PIAA (Pennsylvania Interscholastic Athletic Association) within the District XII Public League. Middle school teams play in a variety of leagues across the city.
Some examples include:
- Cross Country
- Field Hockey,
- Film Club
- Glee Club
- National Honor Society
- Poetry Slam
- Step Team
- Student Council
- Track and Field
- The STEM Honors program offered at Hardy Williams High prepares students for college and the workforce through a rigorous program rooted in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) skills and concepts.
- Students learn critical and creative thinking skills, communication and collaboration, and real-world problem solving.
- The program uses Project Lead the Way, a hands-on design curriculum, and is aligned to Common Core and Next Generation Science Standards.
- In the 2017-2018 school year, the program at Hardy will be offered for grades 7-10, with the program expanding to serve grades 7-12 in the future.
- Students who are accepted to the program participate in various opportunities that accelerate their learning, such as engaging summer programs, dual enrollment, and STEM enrichment activities.
Bob Victor, Ex-Officio Chair
Don Kimelman, Treasurer
Graham Finney, Secretary
Support Hardy Williams High