Your Community School in Southwest Philadelphia
Hardy Williams Elementary is a city-wide charter elementary school serving 600 students and their families in Kindergarten through 6th grade. Hardy Williams is a special place where your child will experience the joy of learning in a safe, positive environment. We focus on 5 core values: respect, responsibility, hard work, teamwork and kindness. Students who attend Hardy Williams Elementary have the opportunity to automatically attend our Hardy Williams High Campus for 7th – 12th grade, thus giving them a full K-12 Mastery experience. From music to art to field trips-Our students take part in a well-rounded education. We work closely with our families to ensure Hardy Williams is a place where every child loves to learn.
- Students come to school dressed in full uniform excited to start their day.
- The day starts with free breakfast.
- Students are greeted by their teacher and head to their classroom for morning meeting.
- We value reading. Students have at least 2-3 hours of reading where they work in small groups with the teacher.
- Students have classes in math, social studies, and science.
- Students head back to the cafeteria to enjoy free lunch.
- Afterwards, students enjoy free play or structured recess.
- Students engage in art, physical education, music or foreign language. We are proud to educate the whole child at Mastery.
- Once the school day is over, students may stay to participate in clubs or the aftercare program.
Hardy Williams Elementary offers a variety of after school activities and clubs. Aftercare is available at the school.
Some examples include:
- Arts and Crafts
- Board Game Club
- Clay Club
- Community Service
- Culture Club
- Garden Club
- Girls Club
- Lego Club
- Reading Enrichment
- Young Men’s Club
- Nature Documentary Club
- Positive Image Club
- Puzzles Club
Life at Hardy ElementaryView Gallery
Bob Victor, Ex-Officio Chair
Don Kimelman, Treasurer
Tony Payton Jr.