Your Neighborhood School in Tioga
Clymer is a neighborhood elementary school serving over 550 students and their families in Kindergarten through 6th grade. Clymer is a special place where your child will experience the joy of learning in a safe, positive environment. We focus on 5 core values: respect, responsibility, hard work, teamwork and kindness. Students who attend Clymer Elementary have the opportunity to automatically attend our Simon Gratz Campus for 7th – 12th grade, thus giving them a full K-12 Mastery experience. From music to art to field trips-Clymer students take part in a well-rounded education. We work closely with our families to ensure Clymer is a place where every child loves to learn.
- Students come to school dressed in full uniform excited to start their day.
- The day starts with free breakfast.
- Students are greeted by their teacher and head to their classroom for morning meeting.
- We value reading. Students have at least 2-3 hours of reading where they work in small groups with the teacher.
- Students have classes in math, social studies, and science.
- Students head back to the cafeteria to enjoy free lunch.
- Afterwards, students enjoy free play or structured recess.
- Students engage in art, physical education, music or foreign language. We are proud to educate the whole child at Mastery.
- Once the school day is over, students may stay to participate in clubs or the aftercare program.
Clymer offers a variety of after school activities and clubs.
Aftercare is available at the school.
Some examples of clubs offered:
- Board Game Club
- Book Club
- Flag Football
- Students Run Philly Style
Clymer Elementary serves students in the Nicetown/Tioga area who live in the school’s attendance zone within the 19133 zip code.
The school cannot enroll students living outside of its attendance zone, even if they reside within the listed 19133 zip code.
Life at ClymerView Gallery
Bob Victor, Ex-Officio Chair
Don Kimelman, Treasurer
Graham Finney, Secretary