New Name, New Look!
In honor of Francis D. Pastorius Elementary School changing its name to Pastorius-Richardson, we’d like to give our school a refresh. We hope to brighten the halls with murals and quotes to inspire our students as they travel from class to class. We’ve already begun this project on the 3rd floor and the results have been great! Please help us celebrate our new name by donating to refresh the halls!
Thank you for your support!
Your Neighborhood School in Germantown
Pastorius-Richardson is a neighborhood elementary school serving over 600 students and their families in Kindergarten through 8th grade. Pastorius-Richardson is a special place where your child will experience the joy of learning in a safe, positive environment. We focus on 5 core values: respect, responsibility, hard work, teamwork and kindness. Students who attend Pastorius-Richardson Elementary have the opportunity to automatically attend our Simon Gratz Campus for 9th – 12th grade, thus giving them a full K-12 Mastery experience. From music to art to field trips – Pastorius-Richardson students take part in a well-rounded education. We work closely with our families to ensure Pastorius-Richardson is a place where every child loves to learn.
- Students come to school dressed in full uniform excited to start their day.
- The day starts with free breakfast.
- Students are greeted by their teacher and head to their classroom for morning meeting.
- We value reading. Students have at least 2-3 hours of reading where they work in small groups with the teacher.
- Students have classes in math, social studies, and science.
- Students head back to the cafeteria to enjoy free lunch.
- Afterwards, students enjoy free play or structured recess.
- Students engage in art, physical education, music or foreign language. We are proud to educate the whole child at Mastery.
- Once the school day is over, students may stay to participate in clubs or the aftercare program.
Pastorius offers a variety of after school activities and clubs. Aftercare is available at the school.
Some examples include:
- Book Club
- Boys Club
- Girls Club
- Homework Support
- Science Club
Pastorius-Richardson Elementary serves students in the Germantown community who live in the school’s attendance zones within the zip codes of 19144 and 19138.
The school cannot enroll students living outside of its attendance zone, even if they reside within the listed 19144 and 19138 zip codes. Click here to see the Pastorius-Richardson attendance zone map.
Life at PastoriusView Gallery
Bob Victor, Ex-Officio Chair
Don Kimelman, Treasurer
Graham Finney, Secretary