The STEM Honors Program at Simon Gratz is a rigorous college-prep program for grades 7-12 that will produce graduates that are college ready in STEM subjects, technologically literate, and drivers of their learning process. With a student-centered curriculum where all are held to a high bar, we work together with joy, curiosity, and dedication to connect STEM concepts to our everyday lives. As a program we pull on the rich resources of the city and community around us to increase the STEM exposure of our students. While we have high academic and behavioral expectations for our students we also embrace mistakes and uphold a culture of learning, where the focus is on the process and not just the product.
All STEM students:
- Participate in a Project Lead the Way Engineering course every year
- Have access to targeted field trips and guest speakers designed to build STEM exposure
- Engage in honors level math and science courses
- Attend a 3 week long summer program to build technical literacy along with foundational STEM skills
- Are held to a high academic and behavioral bar
Visual Arts - Coming to Gratz This Fall!