Opportunity awaits. Innovate with us.
Over a decade of breakthrough results.
At Mastery, we know that excellent teachers make excellent schools. We are relentless about hiring top educators and we provide them with over 250 hours of professional development. Whether you are starting your teaching career or are looking to launch a new chapter, your passion and experience will be deeply valued and your opportunities for growth and impact will be limitless. We are committed to hiring a diverse staff to create a warm, joyful, student-centered, and welcoming school culture.
Hear from a Mastery Teacher
“If you want to become a Mastery teacher it means you want to become a better teacher.”
Justin Cole, Teacher
- Your journey at Mastery begins with a week of network-wide New Teacher Orientation, followed by on-campus training with your colleagues, and over 250 hours of professional development; teacher support and development is our priority. Every Wednesday our staff participates in professional development.
- We ensure that teachers have the space, resources, and practice they need to excel prior to and throughout the school-year. Our teachers participate in robust coaching cycles driven by concrete, manageable goals; frequent, aligned feedback; modeling and practice. We are nationally recognized for our teacher coaching model.
- Our teachers participate in outcomes-oriented planning meetings with building or central experts. Planning meetings drive content expertise, outstanding lesson design, and thoughtful collaboration with peers.
- Teachers drive student achievement. We believe effort and impact should be reflected in earning power, access to increased responsibilities, and opportunities for leadership. Positive impact on students is recognized.
- We have a formal teacher leader program that allows teachers to drive positive impact within and outside of their classroom.
- Our teacher leaders support colleagues with instruction, classroom management, cultural competence/context and mindset, building extracurricular programming.
- Our Apprentice School Leader program provides interested teachers with a path to school leadership. ASLs work closely with school leaders and take on meaningful projects.
Mastery is reinventing world-class public schools by creating environments where there is incredible joy, love for learning, positive relationships and highly effective instruction. These principles ground us in every strategy and priority.
- Love And Outcomes: Students thrive when rich experiences and measurable outcomes are highly valued. Our schools foster joy, wonder, independence and urgency, structure and accountability. Our lessons are authentic and engaging and drive toward clear, rigorous goals. Our programs build the personal and academic skills essential to students’ success.
- High Expectations, High Support: Our students are brilliant. We hold students to unwaveringly high expectations. We know that students enter at varying levels and therefore we provide multiple pathways and responsive supports that ensure students have opportunities to catch up, accelerate, and advance.
- Cultural Context: Our students’ cultures and identities are a source of strength and opportunity. We know that culture, race, and identity strongly influence how we teach, students learn, and the school community interacts. We intentionally develop our staff’s cultural competence to enable authentic student-staff relationships that support achievement. We intentionally develop our students’ positive identity and prepare them with the skills they need to navigate the real world.
- Families Are Our Partners: Families are our students’ first and most important teachers. We engage families as authentic partners in their children’s academic achievement and development.
- Data Driven: Data guides our collective work. Data drives decisions about instruction, programming, and the ongoing improvement of our organization.
- A Common Foundation: We leverage common approaches to instruction, management, and professional development that ensure alignment, efficiency and quality. Our leaders and teachers take responsibility for their students’ success and are empowered to act – they build on our shared foundation to meet the specific needs of their school communities.
- We value hard work. Teachers’ and leaders’ efforts are rewarded through performance-based pay and incentive programs.
- Tiered instructor levels mean constant opportunities for increased responsibilities and compensation, and achievement is acknowledged.
Life as a Mastery TeacherView Gallery
8 Years In A Row