Thank you for your interest in Mastery Charter Schools!
We maintain a rigorous and selective hiring process. To ensure that your application highlights your fit with Mastery, we recommend taking the following steps before you apply:
- Thoroughly review our entire website to learn about Mastery’s mission and model
- Attend one of our Recruitment Events to speak with current Mastery employees
- Familiarize yourself with the Hiring Process outlined below
Our Commitment to Diversity
Mastery is a growing organization where talented individuals make significant contributions to closing the achievement gap. We are committed to hiring a diverse staff and encourage those from traditionally under-represented backgrounds to apply. Mastery Charter Schools is particularly committed to hiring and developing individuals whose racial or economic backgrounds are reflective of the students that we serve.
The specific timeline of our hiring process varies per position and applicant. However, the information here provides a typical overview of our process.
1. You submit your online application.
- Apply online by clicking on “Apply Now” where it appears on our right-hand sidebar. You will be taken to a list of current openings.
- Create an account and apply for the position that best fits your skill set. Please apply to one position only. When reviewing your application, we will consider you for other positions that are aligned with your qualifications.
- Submit your resume and respond to all of the short answer questions. Responses to each question should not exceed 300 words.
- After you submit your online application, you will receive an e-mail from Mastery Recruitment confirming that it has been received. If you do not receive this e-mail, check your junk mail folder. If you encounter technical difficulties in submitting your application, please e-mail Recruitment@masterycharter.org.
2. Your application is reviewed.
- Every application is reviewed by a member of the Mastery Recruitment Team.
- If your qualifications are aligned with our current needs, we will contact you regarding the next steps in our hiring process.
- Due to the high volume of applications we receive on a daily basis, we are unable to respond to individual inquiries about application status.
3. You are invited to interview.
- If your qualifications match our needs, you will be invited to an interview.
- You will receive an e-mail with detailed instructions on how to successfully prepare for the interview.
4. You conduct a demonstration lesson.
- If you are successful at the interview stage, you will be asked to conduct a demonstration lesson.
- You will receive detailed instructions via e-mail on how to successfully prepare for your demo.
- All demos are followed by a debrief session with your observer(s). This debrief is designed to give us a sense of your ability to self-reflect, as well as to accept and implement feedback.
5. Your references are checked.
- A member of the Recruitment Team will contact your references at some point during the hiring process.
- You will be notified before we begin reaching out to your references.
Before you apply, please note the following:
- We cannot accept emailed, faxed, or hard copy resumes or applications.
- The Recruitment Team will only contact you if your qualifications meet our current needs.
- If you have any questions about our careers or hiring process, please do not e-mail other members of the Mastery Charter staff. Please direct all questions to Recruitment@masterycharter.org.