Joy and Rigor
Our academic program is designed to deliver rigorous, engaging instruction, a relationship-driven classroom culture, the thoughtful use of data, and a continuum of student supports. The foundation of our model is a comprehensive investment in teacher development.
- Your journey at Mastery begins with a week of network-wide New Teacher Orientation, followed by on-campus training with your colleagues, and over 250 hours of professional development; teacher support and development is our priority. Every Wednesday our staff participates in professional development.
- We ensure that teachers have the space, resources, and practice they need to excel prior to and throughout the school-year. Our teachers participate in robust coaching cycles driven by concrete, manageable goals; frequent, aligned feedback; modeling and practice. We are nationally recognized for our teacher coaching model.
- Our teachers participate in outcomes-oriented planning meetings with building or central experts. Planning meetings drive content expertise, outstanding lesson design, and thoughtful collaboration with peers.
- Teachers drive student achievement. We believe effort and impact should be reflected in earning power, access to increased responsibilities, and opportunities for leadership. Positive impact on students is recognized.
- We have a formal teacher leader program that allows teachers to drive positive impact within and outside of their classroom.
- Our teacher leaders support colleagues with instruction, classroom management, cultural competence/context and mindset, building extracurricular programming.
- Our Apprentice School Leader program provides interested teachers with a path to school leadership. ASLs work closely with school leaders and take on meaningful projects.
Mastery’s Common Core-aligned curriculum integrates specific instructional strategies and robust teacher support so that all teachers can deliver engaging, rigorous instruction.
- Rigorous Curricula
- Active, Engaging Instruction
- Collaborative Planning
See sidebar for Course Descriptions.
Mastery’s school culture systems are designed to create joyful school communities that support students’ sense of belonging and the development of their independence and personal responsibility.
- Intentional School Culture Model
- Restorative Practices
- Mindset & Social Emotional Programming
- Cultural Context & Professional Learning Communities
Our teachers and leaders value data. Teachers implement daily, informal checks for understanding and formal end-of-quarter assessments to gain insight into concept mastery, growth, and gaps. Data analysis informs daily lessons, report period goals, and targeted student supports/differentiation. Mastery offers robust data systems and reporting tools that put actionable information into teachers’ hands.
- Benchmark Assessments
- Mastery Value-Added System
- Data-Informed Decisions
At Mastery, we believe all students can grow and achieve. Our schools offer a variety of approaches to support learning and development across a diversity of student need. We meet students where they are and ensure supports and systems are place to leverage strengths and potential, accelerate learning.
To ensure all students succeed, Mastery has developed a comprehensive safety net to support students in overcoming their academic and emotional challenges.
- Response to Instruction & Intervention – Change to Academic Intervention
- Emotional Support & Trauma Informed Care
- Full range of special education programs and services
- ELL and bilingual programming
Academic ProgramView Gallery