Academic Excellence. Joyful Classrooms.
Our academic program is designed to bring students rigorous, engaging instruction in a fun, joyful environment. We do that through a relationship-driven classroom culture, thoughtful use of data and a continuum of student supports. The foundation of our model is a comprehensive investment in teacher development.
- Teacher support and development is our priority. Our staff participates in professional development every Wednesday and have more than 250 hours of professional development each year.
- We ensure teachers have the space, resources and practice they need to excel before and throughout the school year. Our teachers participate in robust coaching cycles driven by concrete, manageable goals; frequent, aligned feedback; modeling and practice. We are nationally recognized for our teacher coaching model.
- Our teachers participate in outcomes-oriented planning meetings with school or central office experts. Planning meetings drive content expertise, outstanding lesson design and thoughtful collaboration with peers.
- Teachers drive student achievement. We believe effort and impact should be reflected in earning power, access to increased responsibilities, and opportunities for leadership. Positive impact on students is recognized.
- We have a formal teacher leader program that allows teachers to drive positive impact within and outside of their classroom.
- Our teacher leaders support colleagues with instruction, classroom management, cultural competence/context and mindset, building extracurricular programming.
- Our Apprentice School Leader program provides interested teachers with a path to school leadership. ASLs work closely with school leaders and take on meaningful projects.
Mastery’s Common Core-aligned curriculum integrates instructional strategies and robust teacher support so all teachers can deliver engaging, rigorous instruction.
- Rigorous curricula
- Active, engaging instruction
- Collaborative planning
See sidebar for Course Descriptions.
Mastery’s school culture systems are designed to create joyful school communities that support students’ sense of belonging and the development of their independence and personal responsibility.
- Intentional school culture model
- Restorative practices
- Mindset & social emotionalprogramming
- Cultural context & professional learning communities
We value data. Teachers implement daily, informal checks to ensure students are understanding the material and formal end-of-quarter assessments to gain insight into concept mastery, growth and gaps.
Data analysis informs daily lessons, report period goals and targeted student supports/differentiation. Robust data systems and reporting tools put actionable information into teachers’ hands.
- Benchmark assessments
- Mastery value-added system
- Data-informed decisions
At Mastery, we believe all students can learn and achieve. Our schools offer a variety of approaches to support learning and development across a diversity of student needs. We meet students where they are and ensure they have the proper supports and systems to leverage their strengths and potential, and accelerate learning.
We have developed a comprehensive safety net to ensure all students succeed.
- Response to Instruction & Intervention (RTII)
- Emotional Support & Trauma Informed Care
- Full range of special education programs and services
- ELL and bilingual programming
Academic ProgramView Gallery